Happy Tuesday folks! Wow, have I been slack! At least on the blog. Everything else I do hasn’t slowed down any. Including trying to survive this brutally cold winter which is what brought on a craving for one of my favorite comfort foods, homemade chocolate chip cookies. These have been Cookie Connoisseur Brian approved (my younger brother) which is saying a lot because he won’t eat just any old cookie. I hope you enjoy!
1 cup butter or margarine
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. hot water
½ tsp. salt
2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the hot water in a separate cup or small bowl.* Then add it to the batter along with the salt.
- Stir in the flour, mix very well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, mix well.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto greased baking pan
- Bake for 10 minutes in preheated oven or until edges are nicely browned. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!!
* This process helps evenly distribute the baking soda and prevents the cookies from falling flat.